December 18, 2017

C&C in the Kitchen

Last week I hosted a holiday luncheon and cookie exchange, so I thought I would share what I served and the cookies I exchanged. I decided to keep it simple and serve soup and bread. I made two soups, the first a butternut squash, leek & apple soup from My New Roots.
butternutsoup4

And the second, one of my favorites, Thai sweet potato and carrot soup from The Wanderlust Kitchen
Thai Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup Recipe - a hearty and delicious soup in under 30 minutes!

I made three types of cookies: 

Peppermint Brookies from Weelicious which were so dang good and were a big hit with the Mini Fashionista. 

Peanut Butter Blossoms from Hummusapien which were equally as delicious. The Mini especially loved helping with these. Unwrapping the kisses and placing them on the cookies was the perfect job for a 6 year old. 

And lastly, I had to include one "healthy" cookie, so I decided on these gingerbread chocolate chip almond butter cookies from Recipe Runner that are paleo and gluten free. I was a bit skeptical of how they would turn out, but they were super moist and tasty (although mine looked nothing like this picture)!

I highly recommend trying all of these recipes! I will be adding them all to my list of favorites. 


No comments:

Post a Comment