January 2, 2018

Savvy Shopping

I'm going to go ahead and pat myself on the back because I am a very savvy shopper. If you ask any of my friends they will tell you I'm an expert, so I thought I would share some of my tricks of the trade.

I almost never pay full price, I love reward programs, referral programs and any other type of purchase where I get what I want for less.

1. Ebates- The Ebates Cash Back Button that gives you cash back when you shop! You download the button, and it automatically applies the cash back percentage to all your online purchases (i.e. 6% cash back on Athleta). How does it work? Stores pay ebates a commission for sending shoppers to their websites, and they share it with you.

I've made over $200 in cash back since signing up! Get the button here. You won't be sorry.




2. Ebay- I've been an Ebay shopper and seller since 2001. When I find things I like, I look for them on ebay. My first tip is to "follow" or "save" a search. For example, I was in the market for a new Patagonia down jacket, so I saved the search, "black Patagonia long down jacket small", and within a week one popped up. I got a like new, worn only a few time $400 jacket for only $110! I save searches for the Mini fashionista too. Just a few weeks ago I entered a "Patagonia ski pants size 10" search for next year's pants and ended up getting a set of long underwear at an amazing deal, just because it notified me of the search.

So...long story short. If you find something you love and don't want to pay full price or can't find your size in a store, or saw it on a friend and it's from a previous season, look for it on ebay! oh...and if you sign up for ebates, you will get 2% cash back on all your ebay purchases. BONUS!

3. Consignment/Resale- Not only do I love consignment stores, but I also love consignment shops on social media. A majority of my clothes and the Mini's clothes are "2nd hand". Here are some of my favorite consignment/resale stores and online shops.

- Baby & Me and Rock it Resell- For those of you in Portland, this is one of my favorite shops for the Mini Fashionista, and I occasionally buy from the adult store.

- Recycled Chic & Seams to Fit- These Portland consignment stores focus on high end, like new clothing, handbags, shoes and accessories.

- Consign Design- If you follow C&C, you know this is my favorite consignment store on the planet. It's in Sun Valley, ID and has been my gold mine of consignment finds....Chanel, Jimmy Choo, Oscar de la Renta, Ferragamo, Tory Burch, Vince...I could go on and on.

- Les Petites PDX- I actually started this high ends kids consignment shop on Instagram with two friends over a year ago. They have now taken it over as I focus on my consulting business. Follow the boys account here and the girls account here. AND they are launching a high end women's site called Grayson Rose.

Shop the Wild Things- This was the first Instagram consignment shop I ever followed, and it was the inspiration for Les Petites PDX.

A few other online "resale" shops I frequent are: The Real Real, Poshmark, and En Vogue Consignment

Happy Shopping!

2 comments:

  1. is consign design on instagram? you have been raving about that one forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. unfortunately they don't sell online. :(

    ReplyDelete