May 5, 2015

Easy Like Sunday Brunching

On Sunday I had some friends over for brunch. I LOVE to entertain and host at our house. I HATE cooking during the week, but there's something so nice about having time to prepare a menu, set the table and enjoy a leisurely meal. 


The weather was perfection and we took full advantage with the first outdoor meal of the season.



Since I was the hostess, I was able to ensure that it was reboot friendly (minus the mimosas and coffee). And, I wanted something that wasn't too time consuming to throw together before 11 - aka I wanted to ensure I could still sleep in! 

Easy Like Sunday Brunching Menu

Fruit Plate 
(Costco & Trader Joe's)

Green Machine Smoothie

Veggie Scrambled Eggs
(Sauteed bell peppers, green onions,
mushrooms and garlic with avocado)

Katie's Energy Balls
(recipe below)


 Katie's Energy Balls (Dietitian on a Mission Katie)

Ingredients:
1 cup raw nuts (I used almonds and walnuts)
1 Tbsp peanut butter (or melted coconut oil - you could probably use any kind of nut butter)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut (organic, reduced fat)
8 large dates
2 Tbsp chia seeds (I used hemp seeds instead)
1 Tbsp sunflower or pumpkin seeds (optional)
1 Tbsp cocoa powder

Directions:
In a food processor, blend nuts, nut butter, cinnamon, vanilla, and coconut until finely chopped. Add dates, chia seeds and continue to pulse until well blended. It's "done" when a ball forms and it should be slightly sticky. If it's dry, a a Tbsp of water at a time until lightly sticky (I added 2). Stir in sunflower seeds if desired.

Roll mixture into balls. I coated mine with coconut and cocoa powder.

Store in an air-tight container in the freezer (my choice) or the refrigerator. They will soften at room temp.






No comments:

Post a Comment