April 30, 2014

C & C in the Kitchen - Green Machine

As you know, we're huge smoothie fans here at C &C...i.e. I eat one almost every day for breakfast. And this is one of my go-tos. We'll call it the Green Machine because it's a great way to get your gears going for the day.


1 cup almond milk (if it's too thick add a little more or some water)
1/2 or 1/4 avocado (it's up to you!)
1 tbsp sunflower butter
1 frozen banana (I peel my bananas and put them in a Ziploc bag for easy use)
1/2 cup frozen mango (you can buy organic frozen at both Costco and Trader Joe's)
1 cup greens - mine were frozen power greens (they were on the verge of going bad but were saved by the freezer)
2 dates (I buy an organic bag at Costco)

And another variation....

3/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 tbsp almond butter (or sunflower butter - I use them interchangeably)
1 frozen banana 
1/2 cup frozen mango
1 cup greens
2 dates

No comments:

Post a Comment