Roasted Broccoli & Fregola Sarda Salad with Soft-Boiled Eggs & Tahini Dressing
1/2 cup fregola sarda pasta (you could easily substitute quinoa or another grain)
1 garlic clove
1 red onion
1 bunch mint
2 oz pecorino cheese
2 tbsp sesame tahini
2 tsp Za'atar spice blend
1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Cook the fregola sarda - heat a medium pot of salted water to boiling on high. Cook 10-12 minutes. Drain thoroughly and return to pot. Stir in a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Prepare the ingredients - Heat a small pot of water to boiling on high. Separate the broccoli crowns and stems; thinly slice the stems and cut the crowns into florets. Peel and mince the garlic; using the flat side of your knife, smash until it resembles a paste. Quarter and deseed the lemon. Peel and thinly slice the onion. Pick the mint leaves off the stems; discard stems. Using a small knife, break the pecorino cheese into bite-sized pieces.
- Roast the broccoli & onion - place the broccoli stems and florets and onion on a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and the za'atar; toss to coat. Roast 20 to 22 minutes or until browned and tender.
- Make the dressing - Combine the garlic paste, tahini, juice of 2 lemon wedges, and 2 tbsp of water; season with salt and pepper to taste. Whisk in 2 tbsp of olive oil. Set aside.
- Soft-boil the eggs - Add the eggs to the small pot of boiling water. Cook 7 minutes. Drain and run under cold water. Peel. Slice into thin rounds.
- Finish and plate your dish - To the pot of fregola sarda, add the broccoli, onion, almonds, cheese, and the juice of the remaining lemon wedges. season with salt and pepper. Add enough dressing to coat the salad. Top with mint and sliced soft-boiled eggs.