September 3, 2013

C & C in the Kitchen

I hate cooking dinner during the week. The dreaded question as I drive home from work is inevitably "what do you want to do for dinner?" You know you've heard your +1s ask that dreaded question. The real answer...I want to eat a smoothie. I want to eat takeout. What I don't want to do is figure out what to cook. I'm not the person that looks in the fridge and voila, I've concocted a meal (in fact, I secretly despite those culinarily inclined people). I only like to cook when I've got time and can follow a recipe. So during the week if it can't be barbecued, steamed, or put in the rice cooker (rice or quinoa), we're not eating it. Until I met Blue Apron.

Here's how it works. At the click of a few buttons, you can have a box of delicious and nutritious and fresh ingredients for three meals shipped right to your door.


Everything you need is in the box (even spices), along with original recipes that include step-by-step instructions and even photos. Each recipe takes an average 35 minutes to make - which isn't bad considering you're actually preparing the ingredients and cooking the meal. It's almost like I'm one of those culinarily gifted people I spoke ill of earlier. 


Our first box was a huge success. Not only did it diversify what I was making (bonus for my husband), but I knew exactly what I was going to make for dinner each night, alleviating a lot of stress. Here's how the chicken yakitori and shrimp summer rolls turned out. The portions are perfect for two people. 


You can choose a vegetarian or meat option to be delivered on a day of the week convenient for you - even canceling a week's delivery if you're going to be out of town, or don't want it. We recently got a box on a Tuesday after being away on vacation, which was perfect since there's no way I'd have time to hit the grocery store. At the price of $9.99 per person per meal, it's not inexpensive, but it's also not overpriced. For me, the convenience factor is completely worth it (bonus again for my husband - happy wife, happy life). They recently expanded their shipping to the west. Check out this map to see if Blue Apron is in your neighborhood. Here's a link where you can get 30% off your first order.


Your taste buds will thank you. 




1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great option!! I figured TN would NOT be on the list of available deliveries, but it is! I will probably be trying this very soon. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete