April 2, 2014

What I Wore: Transitioning to Spring

Remember this outfit from January? Well I've been wearing this Zara long wool vest on repeat ever since I got it. But I hadn't ventured away from the black turtleneck. 


Last week, I wanted to find a way to transition this to warmer weather. I also wanted to incorporate a necklace that my mom brought back for me from a recent trip to Africa. 


Taking some inspiration from an earlier post on the versatility and classic look of a white button down, here's what I ended up with. 


And over the weekend I decided to put the outfit on repeat with a more casual twist - switching out my black pants for Paige jeans, the Stuart Weitzman suede booties for Sam Edelman flats, and adding my favorite Danielle Nicole Diana Clutch



It was the perfect Sunday outfit for a Danielle Nicole event at Cusp. There's nothing better than handbags and girl friends on a rainy day! 


Sometimes finding new ways to wear things in your closet just takes a little creativity...and trial and error. Spring is the perfect time to experiment with new combinations, layers, and integrating warm- and cold-weather pieces into your outfits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment