April 1, 2014

C&C in the Kitchen

One of the best things about our recent week in Mexico was getting to spend time with my two cousins and their significant others. We had a great time eating, drinking and enjoying the warm weather. One of my cousins happens to be a highly skilled and acclaimed chef.  He is currently the Executive Chef at the Montage hotel in Laguna, California. Lucky for me he's family, and during our week in Mexico we got to enjoy the fruits of his labor at no cost. An added bonus of the family time and fine dining was that he introduced me to my new favorite seasoning.

Say hello to Chili Lime Salt. This stuff is crazy good. We ate it on vegetables, on eggs, in salads, on meat, etc.


I brought some home with me and have been using it daily. Earlier this week I made a salad with cucumber, tomato, avocado, red pepper, cilantro, lime, olive oil, salt and pepper and of course...chili lime salt.


How about on top of eggs with a little avocado...yes please!

Like I said, it has a wide variety of uses! My cousin suggested putting it on popcorn! I'll be trying that tasty snack sometime in the very near future!

The good news for you is that you don't have to go to Mexico to buy it. It can be found at many local grocery stores and speciality markets. And if you can't find it locally, of course, Amazon sells it too (here).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment