January 8, 2018

Red Carpet Rundown

I have to say that this year's Golden Globes Red Carpet was a bit blah-ck. While I appreciate that the actors/actresses wore black to make a statement about sexual harassment in Hollywood, it resulted in a pretty lack luster red carpet.

Don't get me wrong....I love a LBD, just not on everyone! One of the things I look forward to most about red carpets are the colors and textures, and unfortunately I didn't get any of that at this year's Globes.

That said, there were some beautiful gowns worn on last night's red carpet. Here are some of my favorites.






And my top three (in no particular order) go to....

Reese Witherspoon

Allison Brie

Nicole Kidman

Now please, please, please can we bring color back for the Academy Awards? 

4 comments:

  1. Seriously? I love you guys but the whole reason they wore black was to show they aren't a dress up pony. Women can be many things- and don't need color/texture to be beautiful- they aren't dressing for you. Maybe we should worry less about aesthetic and more about substance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole event and the cause came together in an incredible way...culminating with Oprah's inspiring speech. In regards to the red carpet, I was approaching it from a singular lens, that of the dresses, and I realize now that it's such an emotionally charged issue that it's hard for people to isolate the fashion in this case. I care more about substance than I do about aesthetic, which overall I believe is well represented in the blog. Something I will surely think of for future posts. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  2. Honestly, as completely on board with the cause as I am, I was anticipating a dull red carpet.
    I was however, completely moved and found it seeing all of these women, and men, stand together. It was so much more than a 'color story' there was so much depth in the presentation, representation and even the fashion. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the whole event and the cause came together in an incredible way...culminating with Oprah's inspiring speech. I was approaching it from a singular lens, that of the dresses, and I realize now that it's such an emotionally charged issue that it's hard for people to isolate the fashion.

      Delete