November 6, 2017

Back to Blogging

I have to admit that when we stopped writing the blog nearly a year ago, I knew we would be back. I knew, at least, I would be back. I didn't say that because I didn't know if I would be back to blogging here on C&C or if maybe I would start another blog, with a different title, on a different platform.

I have reservations about coming back because I know the blog isn't fancy. It's not on the most user friendly platform. The graphics are outdated. The layout is terrible. I could go on and on... C&C was created 8.5 years ago, back when Blogger was one of the only platforms, when blogging wasn't really a profession and when there weren't thousands of bloggers talking about many of the same things. So why bring this up? Despite all the perceived short comings of this blog, I know we have a unique voice that resonates with people. I know we have a solid group of loyal followers, and I'd like to hope that many of you have been positively impacted by our posts. I'd like to think you don't care about all the shortcomings, and that you will continue reading and loving the blog just as it is.

So, here we are, nearly a year later, and we're back to blogging. Don't expect posts five days a week, that's just not realistic for our lives right now, but I can promise we will post at least once a week. Katie can't commit to a regular blogging schedule, but she will definitely be dropping in.

For my first post back I thought I would give you a quick list of some of the things I'm "loving lately"...food, podcasts, kids clothes...think of this as making up for all our lost time in one post!

Loving Lately
1. Rockets of Awesome- This kids subscription clothing box is AWESOME! If you haven't tried it, you must!

2. How to Raise an Adult- One of the best "parenting" books I've ever read. If you have children in your life, as a coach, teacher, aunt, uncle or as a parent...you should check this book out. 

3. Thai Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup- This recipe is on repeat in our house. It's easy and delicious. 

4. Podcasts- I've become obsessed with podcasts. I listen while cleaning the house, driving and exercising. Here are a few of my favorites. 
- The Feel Good Effect- the podcast by Robyn Conley Downs of the blog, Real Food Whole Life. 
- Brains On and Wow in the World- both for kids

5. Beauty Counter Shampoo and Conditioner- I've been using Beauty Counter products for nearly 3, and I now use their products almost exclusively (I can't quit my Blinc Mascara). Recently I added the shampoo and conditioner to my arsenal, and I LOVE it. A small amount goes a LONG way so it lasts a long time and somewhat justifies the high price point. 

6. Icarus- This is one of the best documentaries I've ever seen. When filmmaker Bryan Fogel sets out to uncover the truth about doping in sports, a chance meeting with a Russian scientist transforms his story from a personal experiment into a geopolitical thriller. Dirty urine, unexplained death and Olympic gold are all part of the exposure of the biggest scandal in sports history.

10 comments:

  1. it was worth a year off to get this post with great recs! also, i read all blogs in feedly so i have no idea what anyone's site / platform etc. looks like. all the same to me. your great content is what makes you stand out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill! Thank you for this. It made my day. I am so glad that you think so highly of our content and so appreciate you following us and commenting.

      Delete
    2. You're so welcome. Both kiddos are snoozing right now so I'm off to start Icarus. What a treat =)

      Delete
  2. Welcome back!!! Love the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippeee!!! Best thing I’ve read all day! Glad to have you back!!! XX :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh...thank you for this! This is one of the best things I've read all day too!

      Delete
  4. welcome back! I would be more than happy to introduce you to squarespace :) its super easy and I have been very happy. Either way so happy to have you back xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lydia! I know Squarespace is so easy...just need to get over the mental hurdle of changing everything over. Not sure I want to take the time!:)

      Delete