January 9, 2017

And Now It's Time to Say Goodbye

After some serious consideration, We've decided to end the blog.

It's been 7 1/2 years since I started writing Cardigans & Couture, and it has provided me with an incredible outlet to share my favorite fashions, recipes, food, stores, restaurants, feelings and so much more.

When Katie joined me in writing nearly six years ago it helped lessen the load, but over the past year we've blogged less as other obligations have taken our time. As I move into 2017, I've decided I need to focus more, to have fewer commitments and not be spread so thin, and Katie feels the same.

This has been a really hard decision. I love this blog. I love that I know people look to us for gift ideas, for travel advice and to connect. I love that I can use the blog as an outlet to write about life, children, stress or whatever else is on my mind. I'm not sure what that outlet will be moving forward.

For now the Instagram account will still be active, and we may post there with more regularity, but I'm just going to take a month or so to feel that out. Do you want C&C to stay active on Instagram or is it the blog you are most interested in? (comment below)

My dear friend Pauline always tells me in times of challenge or transition that it is "this or something better." While it is hard to say goodbye to the time and energy I have put into C&C for the past 7 1/2 years, I know that it will result in something better.

And so for the last time, I will say thank you. Thank you for reading. Thank you for commenting. Thank you for trusting our recommendations and thank you for following this little blog for 7 1/2 years.

It has been a joy.

17 comments:

  1. I immediately typed in your address this morning to see what your thoughts were on the Golden Globes. I did so because I love your pics, opinions and real writing. While I will massively miss your voice, I completely understand. I'm sure my goodbye post is coming soon as well. I admire you reprioritizing. As I'm going through some major transitions myself, I love that quote. You know I'll continue to follow on Instagram! Thank you for all the wonderful posts! You guys will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much kate! We hope you continue to blog, but you have 3 very good reasons not to and then some. xo

      Delete
  2. Would love to see the Instagram account stay alive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love the Instagram account to stay alive too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be missed! Please continue the insta!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will miss your blog but I totally understand. I will still follow your instagrams to see your awesome fashion and adorable families!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've loved the blog since Katie introduced me to it years ago when we were at the Chamber. I look forward to the next evolution of your lives!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please keep the insta! Something better than nothing =p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I really appreciate your all efforts which is specially for the perofil intimo uomo online.
    well done.



    perofil intimo uomo online

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very exclusive blog about fashion. Quite interesting and nice topic chosen for the post Nice Post keep it up.

    fashion items for women's

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really very interesting and very valuable information about the women fashion and fashion accessories well don.
    Down Parka

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really a good read and an amazing post. www.pescimoda.com

    ReplyDelete