November 15, 2016

Life Lately

Life has been busy which is why last week we only had three blog posts.  I'm guessing life is busy for most of you, so hopefully you understand. I wasn't feeling inspired by a specific topic, so here are a few of life's happenings from the last few week.

Now that we are nearly through Pumpkin season, it's time to embrace everything peppermint. I found these peppermint chocolates at Pharmaca, and they are a new favorite. They contain nothing artificial and are made with fair trade cocoa. They have all sorts of tasty flavors I now want to try, including peanut butter and toasted coconut. 

While I'm talking food....I tried this Paleo pancake mix for the first time over the weekend. For the record, I don't eat paleo, but I'm not opposed to it. I give this mix two thumbs up, and so did the Mini Fashionista!

On Saturday the Mini Fashionista and I had lunch at Lovejoy Bakers Uptown location. We used to frequent the one in the Pearl District regularly after barre3. I have to say, I like this location even better. They have great food, cool decor and most importantly lots of parking! 

Saturday Night we went out to drinks and dinner with friends. Our fist stop was the Bit House Saloon. If you haven't been, I highly recommend it. They have a great beer selection, fantastic cocktails, and it has an ambience that is unlike anything else in Portland. We didn't eat there, but I've heard great things about the food. 

Dinner took us to Renata. This was my second time eating there, and it did not disappoint. Everything is not just good, but fantastic...the pasta, the pizza, the salumi and cheese plate, the dessert. Whether you live in Portland or are visiting, Renata should be on your list. 

We finished the weekend at a birthday party held at Portland Child Art Studio. It was our first time there, and I was really impressed. It's definitely a place to consider for birthday parties and also for art classes. I might look into an art class for the Mini Fashionista in the new year.

So that's life lately! 

No comments:

Post a Comment