September 9, 2015

Washington State Wedding Weekend

We're back! Thanks for your understanding while Regan was gallivanting around Europe and I was traveling and crazy with work. If you follow us on instagram you'll see that I'm off again on a business trip to Rome (I know, tough...but someone has to do it). If I get the chance to do something other than work, I'll definitely blog about it. In the meantime, here's a recap of a wedding we attended two weekends ago in Washington State at Alderbrook Resort. Get ready, this is an "On the Move" and "What I Wore" all in ONE! 


One of my best friends got married at this amazing little gem of a spot on the Hood Canal about two hours from Seattle. Despite the rainy weekend (with about 15 minutes of combined sun), we had a wonderful time celebrating the bride and groom and catching up with my best girls and their spouses. 


Dr. B and I got a little r & r at the spa with massages, which was so nice. And I must say, the oatmeal at the hotel's restaurant is not to be missed. I got a fresh berry compote with mine and Dr. B had the brown sugar and maple creme fraiche. One of my favorite parts about the weekend was the "reverse wedding" schedule. The actual ceremony and reception were on Friday night and Saturday was left for brunch, a boat ride, and a BBQ. 


You know I love a good Rent the Runway opportunity, and this seemed like the perfect occasion to get the Gables Dress by Opening Ceremony I'd had on my "Hearts" list for a while. Paired with my turquoise tassel earrings I was going to bring some sunshine to the rainy day one way or another. I forgot to get a full outfit picture until the very end of the night in the poor light of our hotel room. Overall impression of the dress - it was good, but not amazing - even though I got plenty of compliments. You have to be tall to wear this dress. There is SO much fabric. I'm not petite, so it worked for me (I wore the size small, which tells you something). The fabric also picked up the outline of my bra (as you can see), which I didn't love. This would be a great maternity dress (although I'm not pregnant). 


We bundled up in wedding weekend attire for night two. Just as planned, I wore the Ann Taylor Loft maxi I bought on super sale earlier this summer and since it was a wedding, I broke out the Lauren Hope bling. 


Time with girl friends is just good for the soul. Nothing beats 17 years of friendship with these lovely ladies. Congrats B & M! We love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment