September 10, 2015

Old Reliable L.L. Bean

Two weeks ago on my tour of New England (remember this post for the boys with some awesome Orvis finds) we stopped in Freeport, Maine at the home of L.L. Bean. If you've been there, you can shop 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are no locks on the store doors. That's how open they are. It's pretty much an insomniac's heaven! Who doesn't need a boat tote at 3:00 a.m.?!



But we didn't just stop at the flagship store...we got to tour their testing lab! You know those iconic Bean boots...there's a reason they're so durable. They undergo a lot to make sure they'll withstand the elements. They even freeze the boot in a solid block of ice and beat it apart with a sledge hammer. 



Of course I couldn't go home without buying a little something for myself. I've been on the hunt for a workout skort and the Pleated Circuit Skort was just what I was looking for. It's a little longer than others I've seen, which is probably more age appropriate at this point in my life. 



Here it is in action. Cute, right?


And while I'm not normally an everyday clothes shopper from L.L. Bean, every once and a while their Signature Collection has something great! This short-sleeve herringbone sweatshirt is the perfect combination of casual and polished. I wore it on a flight recently and also have plans to wear it to work on a Friday. 


And, one of the great things about L.L. Bean - they've got a 100% customer satisfaction guaranteed policy....and it's up to the customer to decide what that means. So far, I'm one happy shopper. 


No comments:

Post a Comment