April 16, 2015

C&C in the Kitchen

I've never been a big lover of egg salad, but after decorating Easter eggs, I had a refrigerator full of hard boiled eggs, and I needed to do something to avoid wasting them. Because I hate wasting food.

Somehow, I happened upon this recipe for Avocado Egg Salad from Two Peas and Their Pod.



I served it to two friends for lunch last week, and it was a big hit. And, I liked it so much that I actually boiled more eggs earlier this week and made it again! I'm pretty sure I will NEVER make egg salad with mayonnaise ever again. There is no reason to when this is so healthy and so good. 

Avocado Egg Salad
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
2 hard boiled egg whites, chopped
2 small avocados, pitted and peeled
1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

directions:
1. In a medium bowl, combine the hard boiled eggs and egg whites, avocado, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, green onion, and mustard. Mash with a fork. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment