March 9, 2015

C & C Around the House

Late last year I was desperately looking for a piece of art for our dining room.


I ended up finding this framed print, Orchid, by Kristy Gammill on One Kings Lane. And while it worked really well and I loved the pop of color in the otherwise sea of grey, it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. But this was a good place holder until I found "the one." 


Fast forward to two weeks ago, and I came across this instagram post from Christopher David in Portland (Regan has blogged about them before). 


I was instantly drawn to the painting and sent my closest advisor to check it out in person. She called me from the shop and sent a photo of the full piece. What you can't see in the photo is the incredible texture. It is 13 layers of paint and also has pieces of sand and lava rock. A quick call to Cosmin, the artist and one of Christopher David's owners, and this baby was on its way from Portland, Oregon, to Washington, D.C. 


We hung it last night and I can't be more pleased. 


If you live in the D.C. area and are interested in the Kristy Gamill piece, I'm considering selling it. E-mail me at cardicouture@gmail.com for more info. 



No comments:

Post a Comment