June 23, 2014

C & C in the Kitchen

In last week's "My Favorite Things" post I promised to share what I baked for the sweet swap. You know we're big fans of health treats, but this was no occasion to keep it healthy. And Regan found me just the indulge-worthy recipe - dark chocolate, pistachio, and sea salt cookies from Two Peas & Their Pod. This cookie delivers big time. They have all the components of pure baked goods bliss. 


One of my friends is gluten free, so I had to make sure she could indulge in the sugar mania. If this is your first introduction to The Detoxinista, consider your life changed. She has awesome recipes and the raw brownie bites are no exception. All you need are walnuts, cocoa, vanilla, dates, sea salt, and water! I put mine in the freezer after I made them giving them that little extra je ne sais quoi. 


And finally, while I didn't bake these...they are worth the mention - i.e. a trip (or order) to Baltimore. Hilary brought the most delicious salted caramel brownies from Charm City Cook. I'm not really a caramel fan....until now. These are hands down the best brownies I've EVER had. No joke. 
I saved one for Dr. B...but didn't have enough self control to leave it until he got home. Now I've got an excuse to have them again!


I hope you try out some of these treats! You won't regret it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment