February 24, 2014

C&C in the Kitchen

If you are like me, you struggle to come up with quick, easy and tasty weeknight meals. In fact, I only have meals planned for tonight and tomorrow night for just that reason. 

Well, I have a winner for you. This "Posole" soup is delicious and is easily prepared and cooked in 20-30 minutes from start to finish. You could definitely do it in less if you don't have a two year old to entertain at the same time. Thanks to my good friend, and C&C reader, SW for sharing the recipe with me. Like always, I have modified the original recipe slightly!

Weeknight Posole Soup
- 1 rotisserie chicken (or 2-3 cooked chicken breasts)
- 2 cans of black beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 cans hominy
- 1 box red pepper & tomato soup
- 2 cups chicken stock (add more or less to desired consistency)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 glove garlic, minced 
- 1 tsp chile powder 
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped 

Directions
- dice onion and sautee in bottom of soup pan with a little olive oil, add garlic after about 5 minutes. 
- Add chicken, beans, hominy tomatoes, soup, chicken stock, chile powder and cilantro. 
- Cook/warm on low for as long as you need. It can be eaten right away. 

Yes, a lot of the ingredients come from a can. That's one of the reasons it's so quick. Also, notice my 1/2 organic, 1/2 not. That's called balance! :) 

Don't you love all the colors?

Feel free to crumble up some tortilla chips and add to the top of the soup with additional cilantro and/or sour cream. I promise you, this tastes even better than it looks.

This is defintely one of our family favorites. I hope your family will enjoy it as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment