May 8, 2018

2018 Met Gala

I wish I had time to go through all of the looks from this year's Met Gala, but I don't. Here's a quick summary with photos courtesy of Huffington Post

Tonight's Met Gala marked the opening of the Costume Institute’s latest exhibition, “Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination,” which also dictated the theme of the night’s dress code. And, I have to say...this year's "costumes" were by some of the most "on-theme" I've ever seen. Sometimes the "costume" nature of the ball goes too far for me, but this year I LOVED it. It was a show of all shows for sure! 

Katy Perry is to this year's Met Gala what Claire Danes was to the 2016 Gala. 

Like a virgin...or not...

Anne Hathaway is a little "Queen of Hearts" for me in this dress, but I kind of love it.




Anna Wintour is stunning in this gown. It's still chic and simple and "Anna" but enough costume to be outside of her everyday look. I LOVE this!


This dress is INCREDIBLE! Not the most on-theme of all the gowns, but a big, big winner in my book! That draping is to die for.



SJP always knows how to make an entrance...

Amal Clooney's dress is not necessarily on-theme either, but stunning none the less.

J. Lo is fierce as always. The train is longer than it appears in the photo, and I appreciate the subtlety of her "costume".

I'm not usually a Kim K fan, but I think this one is a winner.

There were so many other beautiful gowns and elaborate costumes...too many to share all of them. The NY Times had a really good photo summary (here). 

No comments:

Post a Comment