July 12, 2016

The Makings of a Nursery


Sometime this week I'll be revealing baby McB's nursery. And if I do say so myself, thanks to Kate Collins Interiors it turned out pretty amazing. It's EXACTLY what I wanted and more. So while you wait, I thought I'd share just how the final product came to be.

When I shared with Kate what I wanted, I had three things in mind. First, I wanted blue and white gingham sheets. Just because she's a girl doesn't mean baby McB can't have some blue in her life. I have visions of an upholstered twin bed like this in her future.
 

With that gingham I knew I wanted a bold floral. Nothing says girly like a good floral pattern. I sent the photo below to Kate because the chair fabric definitely spoke to me. 


And last, but not least, I wanted to find a place to fit in this folded paper dress. I'd long thought the similar map versions would be really fun to do in a girl's room, but there wasn't a location that I had a personal connection to...and I have a THING for good penmanship. 


To start the process, Kate put together four inspiration concepts. 





Check back later this week for the final verdict. 



No comments:

Post a Comment