June 9, 2016

Diaper Bag 2.0

The diaper bag dilemma has been resolved. I know, you were all really worried for me. Never fear, I've got 7 weeks to go, and once this tiny human arrives, I've got just the bag to carry all her gear. I didn't end up going in the direction I first thought.

A good friend, and a smart mom at that, asked if I'd considered a backpack. The honest answer...no. I'm not really a backpack girl, unless it's outdoor gear. I may have even scoffed a time or two when they recently made a resurgence. But it got me thinking...I'll be flying to Idaho in September by myself with a 7-week old and I'm going to need to be hands free. That backpack idea was sounding better and better.

There's no way Dr. B is going to carry a girly looking bag...but a cool backpack, that's a possibility. So here's what I ended up with.


The Patagonia Refugio is going to be our diaper bag. If I want a more formal tote or purse, I'll carry one of the MANY I already have. This will leave our hands free to tend to more important things and Dr. B is willing to wear it. If it fails as a diaper bag, it will undoubtedly come in handy for day hikes. A win-win-win in my mind.  

No comments:

Post a Comment