May 31, 2016

What I Wore: Maternity Layering

I know, it's been a while. "What I Wore" posts just aren't the same when you're wearing the SAME THING day aftery day. Up until last week the weather in D.C. was unseasonably cold and rainy...while the rest of the world was upset, it was music to this pregnant person's ears. Enter some good old-fashioned layering. A long vest or cape, a slimming pair of pants, a button down shirt (the blue one is borrowed from Dr. B (#maternityprotip) and a bump-defining belt...and you're in business (and comfortable at that). 



Once the bump makes its appearance, there's definitely sartorial benefits to defining it. And while I was somewhat slow to do that in the beginning, there's no way around it now (no pun intended). With seven weeks less, I put in one last clothing order to ASOS. Otherwise, I'm making due with what I've got. Here's what's on its way to me as I type...stay tuned for the winners.

Belted Bell Sleeve Wrap Top

Midi Dress in Floral Print
Knot Side Midi Bodycon Dress
Ruffle Neck and Peplum Midi Scuba Dress

1 comment: