August 18, 2015

Splurge vs. Save: Luggage Love

Anyone love the movie The Wedding Date? I thought so. Durmot Mulroney is the bees knees in my book. Dr. B might be left to the wind if fate ever put us together in the same place. If you've seen the movie, you'll likely remember the perfectly sophisticated robin's egg blue luggage that Debra Messing's character had for her trip across the pond. I recently came across an equally classic and travel-tempting brand, Globe-Trotter. Established in 1987 in Germany, but relocated to the UK in 1932, Globe-Trotter manufactures truly timeless travel accessories. I love the throwback aesthetic. I would gladly take any of these along on any of my travels. 






Despite their true beauty, I'm not a character in The Wedding Date nor do I have over 1,000 pounds to spend on a carry-on. And we here at C & C don't like to leave a girl without strong alternative to a good splurge. Enter Diane von Furstenberg. Of course the queen of fashion can cure our out-of-reach suitcase blues. The DVF Hardside Spinner Luggage is absolutely adorable at a fraction of the price - and it too comes in a range of colors.  





Bonus with this set, it actually leaves you some money to spend on globe trotting! Happy travels! 

1 comment: