July 27, 2015

C & C in the Kitchen: Sunday Sweet Swap

Last weekend I invited a group of women over for a sweet swap. What does that mean? Each person brings one dozen treats and they go home with a bakery box full of everyone else's goodies. Or in my case, you take all the leftovers to the office the next day. I was in the mood to make something totally over the top, but with a lot going on, couldn't take on something too time-intensive. Enter these loaded M & M Oreo Cookie Bars. The awesome thing about these delicious, sugar-packed morsels is that you can pretty much pick your "poison" - peanut butter cups, M & Ms, you name it. 


I doubled the recipe to make sure I had enough for all my guests. As you can tell from the table, we had no shortage of sweets. At one point I walked into the dining room and was overwhelmed by the smell of chocolate - and it was still lingering the next morning when I left for work. 


I set up a bar of drinks - Arnold Palmers, sparkling water, prosecco and mango puree, and watermelon juice. It was my first time making watermelon juice and it was a HUGE hit at the party.  


Fresh Watermelon Juice

1 Watermelon
1 Lime

Cut up the watermelon and place in blender (I've got a vitamix). 
Add one juice of lime. 
You can strain it if you don't like a little pulp, but I prefer it. 
Pour into a pitcher. 
Serve chilled. 

Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment