June 15, 2015

C & C on the Move: Cape Cod

There's nothing like girl friends. And there's really like nothing like a weekend away with your girl friends! Last weekend I headed to Boston with two of my four nearest and dearest to meet up with our Northern besties. The five of us have been friends for over ten years and try to get together in the Boston area once a year. Instead of staying in the city, J (my first and only roommate in DC) invited us to her family's home on Cape Cod. Done and done! J and W picked us up at the airport Friday morning and we headed for the shore. 


First stop, Chatham for shopping, afternoon rose at the Chatham Bars Inn and dinner at the Impudent Oyster (which was superb!).


We settled into our adorable weekend abode in Eastham and as you might imagine got our serious chat on. 


Sometimes you have to throw caution to the wind (aka the reboot) and indulge in the local delicacies. We started Saturday with hand cut donuts from Hole in One (with locations in Eastham and Orleans). I'm not a a huge donut eater, but the toasted coconut was TO DIE FOR. 


All fueled up we headed out for a chilly walk at Coast Guard Beach. 


With the weather a little dreary, we spent the morning and early afternoon in Orleans shopping around, stopping for something warm at the local favorite, The Chocolate Sparrow, and picking up sandwiches to go from Sam's Deli. Finally the sun came out and we continued our tour of beaches at Campground Beach. 


Before dinner at The Pearl in Wellfleet, we did a cruise around the area for a look at the incredible scenery. Everywhere I turned I wanted to take a picture...so I did. 


Before our trip back to Boston for a late-afternoon flight home on Sunday, we continued the eat fest with pastries from PB Boulangerie (you know a place is good when there's a line out the door).  


Followed by a walk at my favorite beach of the trip - White Crest Beach. To access the beach you had to hike down this huge sand cliff. 


With what seemed to be endless miles of sand, with very few people (my kind of beach), and Chamber-of-Commerce sun and sky, it was the best way to end a perfect weekend. 


As a Northwest girl, Cape Cod was never on my vacation radar, but now that I've been, I know we'll be back. What towns should I put on my list (of course Nantucket and the Vineyard)?

No comments:

Post a Comment