June 8, 2015

C & C Around the House: Couch Revival

I like to think of this blog as a place to share things that will make our readers' lives easier. Isn't that what we're all looking for? That's what today's post is all about. A little C & C trick of the trade. 

We were pretty lucky when we moved into our house (almost three years ago - where has the time gone?!). Between our two condos, Dr. B and my furniture was able to come together in wedded bliss. My living room furniture fit perfectly into our family room - where we spend a good bit of our time "sofa surfing," as my dad would say.


Unfortunately, as you might be able to tell from this photo, the cushions were a little worse for the wear. It happened pretty quickly. I walked in one night and realized Dr. B was sunken down. Instantly I became fixated on getting a new couch. And when I set my mind to something I'm like white on rice. But we don't NEED a couch - nor is it anywhere near the top of the house "to do" list. What we really needed were new cushions. After a little research on the Internet I found the Foam Factory. All you have to do is input the dimensions of each cushion, pick your foam, and in less than a week you'll be sitting tall again. We went with the "Lux Foam - High Quality." We probably could have gone with something less dense - it's pretty firm right now - but I think over time we'll be glad with our choice as it softens. We only replaced the two small cushions, but now that we like them are going to order one for the chaise as well. What started as a new couch ($$$$) ended with $100 in new cushions. Success! 

No comments:

Post a Comment