February 18, 2015

What I Wore: Back to Basics

I bought two great staples for my wardrobe recently that are just too good not to be shared. Everyone should have a crisp, white button down in their closet. My go-to is Brooks Brothers because as much as I appreciate a good iron (and I say that sincerely), there's nothing quite like pulling an oxford shirt out of the dryer read to wear! I've got some of their regular dress shirts, but was looking for something a little longer. Their new cotton tunic, was just the ticket. 

Zara vest (old), Joe Fresh crop pants (old)
Brooks Brothers tunic, Maison Martin Margiela wedges

It has proven itself to be a great layering piece for work and weekends - as you'll see below. The second purchase were two pairs of J. Crew Pixie Pants (navy and black). These are the adult-appropriate version of the legging. The fabric is substantial enough to wear to work, is constructed of a great "holds you in" fabric, and look good on pretty much everyone. I went up a size because I wanted to make sure they weren't too tight for a professional setting. I've already gotten a ton of wear out of them. 

Brooks Brothers tunic, Uniqlo cashmere,
J. Crew Pixie Pants, Zara boots and scarf
Do you you have these must-haves in your closet? 


No comments:

Post a Comment