February 5, 2015

C&C in the Kitchen

I've been in the kitchen a lot lately. First it was almond milk and banana bread and today I'm sharing another recipe. I'm pretty sure the "time of the month" directly correlates with the amount of baking I do on any given week...

Last week I had the sudden urge to bake chocolate chip cookies for a Junior League meeting. My plan was derailed when I realized that I had only 1/2 stick of butter in my refrigerator. Since I was on a mission, I wasn't going to let that stop me...so I started thinking...what else could I use? And from that came my first, and certainly not my last, time baking chocolate chip cookies with coconut oil. 

Here is the recipe I came up with!

Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup coconut sugar (you can also use 1/2 brown and white sugar)
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 cup chocolate chips 

Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat coconut oil and sugars together until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly mix into wet mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop by rounded tablespoon onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. 
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

And here is what you get....tasty, moist and healthy-ish chocolate chip cookies. 

They were definitely a hit at my meeting, and I will without a doubt be making them again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment