January 28, 2015

What I Wore: ASOS Goes to Hawaii

Before we went to Hawaii, I was jonesing for some new warm weather attire. NO ONE had anything in store yet for resort or spring, so I turned to old reliable ASOS for  two-day shipping, free returns, and plenty of warm weather options. I'll give you the disclaimer here...everything I bought was black. I've been in a major neutral palette phase, leaving patterns and color feeling sad and unwanted in the closet. I was hesitant to keep all three items, but at such incredible prices and knowing that you can never go wrong with a little back dress (or several), those thoughts dashed quickly from my mind. 

We'll start with the dresses. This black maxi was on sale for $20.85! This was the night we left (at 10:30 p.m.) so I took the dress right from dinner to the airplane. It was super comfortable for the long flight home. This might just be the best $20 I've ever spent. Click the link to see how cute the back is, giving that little extra something. 


Black dress number two broke the bank at a whopping $34.11 and was great for a night out with friends. Coincidentally two of my best friends from college were on Maui at the same time as we were. Sometimes life throws you little perks like that. It doesn't matter how much time passes, we're always able to pick up right where we left off. And their husbands are equally fun. It makes me wish we all got together more often! 



Finally, I was pretty pumped when this jumpsuit fit perfectly. I've been on the lookout for a jumpsuit, but haven't found just the right one that fits well in all the right places. I love how this can be dressed up or down. I may try my hand with this little number for a different look with jacket and heels....stay tuned. 


And if you're wondering about my accessories. You can't go some place tropical without Angela Caputi bracelets. My shoes are the Stuart Weitzman "Alex" sandals and I found them last winter at Nordstrom Rack, but you can get them here. And the Danielle Nicole clutch (which I can't live without) will be available in March - don't worry, we'll post as soon as you can get it! 

1 comment:

  1. Katie, I just about purchased everything on this post, thankfully for my cramped closet, everything was sold out except the jumpsuit. I just need legs your length to pull it off!
    -Allie

    ReplyDelete