December 9, 2014

C & C Does Holiday Decor

By the time Thanksgiving rolls around I'm rearing for the holidays. Christmas is my FAVORITE of all - there's a reason it's called the most wonderful time of year! From the lights and fir-scented candles to peppermint everything (I'm looking at you Trader Joe's) there's nothing I don't love. Because Thanksgiving weekend is a busy work time for me, we decked the halls the weekend before. This was my inspiration...


This is my reality (the battery operated, wreaths were an addition this year from Balsam Hill and the magnolia wreath was a One King's Lane find last season). It's going to be an annual work in progress to try to achieve the above. 



We ventured out to Pine Valley Farms in Maryland to cut down our Frasier fir (for the third year). Dr. B did the cutting…I did the modeling. 


You may remember my post on collecting ornaments. I might suggest this travel trick for your own tree. It turns decorating into a walk down memory lane (new tree skirt from Costco was an October purchase - I love getting out of the gates early). 


For me, the rest of the house is all about subtle holiday accents here and there. Our living room coffee table tray is gussied up with some berry branches from Trader Joe's. 


One day I aspire to a collection of Simon Pearce evergreens, but for now, this lone tree stands proud on a mirrored tray. 


A mantle isn't complete without stockings…and some glitter. I picked up the glitter garland at Home Goods and the reindeer came from a store at home in Idaho (similar here, here and here). 



With a more modern color palette in the dining room, not conducive to the traditional reds and greens, traditional Christmas balls in not-so-traditional colors along with a bowl full of holiday cards are the perfect accent pieces (candle sticks from Home Goods). 


And to top it off, this giant metallic Christmas ornament was the find of the century (also at Home Goods) two years ago. 


Merry Merry decorating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment