October 9, 2014

Parlez-Vous Handbags?

On my trip to Paris I wanted to bring back something that I knew you couldn't find anywhere else. On my walk around Saturday I stumbled upon Faure Le Page - right next door to Chanel on Rue Cambon. I'd never heard of the brand before, but I liked what I saw. 


Founded in 1717, Faure Le Page started as a French firearms manufacturer, playing a big role in the French Revolution and remaining in the same family until 1913. Today, they've expanded to leather goods and have a beautiful store offering hand-constructed bags, wallets, i-Pad cases, hunting chairs, and more. 



I came home with this grey leather bag and know I'll get some great use out of it...and, I'm pretty sure there won't be anyone else carrying it. 


So if you're in Paris, stop by Faure Le Page or Galeries Lafayette (where they carry it) to check them out yourself. Au revoir.  



No comments:

Post a Comment