September 9, 2014

C&C on the Move

We have been on the move the last two weeks (thanks Katie for picking up the slack on the blog), first to the Oregon Coast, then to Sun Valley, and just as soon as we got home from SV, we got back on a plane (the next morning) for Southern California. My husband had a meeting in Laguna Niguel, which is conveniently where my cousins live, so we enjoyed 5 days of fun in the sun with family.

While my +1 was in meetings all morning, I spent some time (not enough of it) at the barre3 studio in Laguna Niguel. As a Master Trainer I taught two classes, took three classes, made new friends and even got to take class with my cousins. The barre3 Laguna Niguel studio has the most amazing energy. If you are in the area, go take a class and tell Jessica and Nicki I sent you. 

The rest of our time was spent outdoors and in the sun around our hotel, St. Regis Monarch Beach. The Mini better not get too comfortable with the life of luxury because it's back to reality now. 

One of the highlights of the trip was an incredible dinner at the restaurant Raya at the Ritz Carlton. My cousin, who is the Executive Chef at the Montage hotel, used to be the Executive Chef at the Ritz. He introduced us to his chef friend Steve who prepared the most amazing six course meal. We ate two kinds of ceviche, Iberico ham salad, lobster tacos and wild mushroom huarache, scallops and pork belly, halibut and Steak and finally Churros. The flavors were incredible, and it was one of the best meals I have had in a long time. I've been dreaming about that lobster taco ever since. 

And finally, since we were so close, we took the Mini Fashionista to Disneyland. 

Of course we couldn't leave without her choosing a souvenir. We allowed her to pick one thing....the $70 polyester (made in china) Elsa dress was her selection. I now have glitter all over my house, but she's obsessed with it. Sometimes you just have to "Let it Go". 

No comments:

Post a Comment