September 8, 2014

C&C on Genuine Joy

Happy Monday! I just got back from two weeks of vacation (recap tomorrow) and am playing catch up in my life, in my home and on the blog.

So, while I regroup, I thought I would share with you an interview I did with Hilary Phelps on her blog, Genuine Joy

I met Hilary last year when I taught the C&C class at barre3 in Georgetown. When she asked to interview me about my role at barre3 as an instructor, both in studio and online, I was happy to oblige. My interview is one piece of a three part series on barre3. 

Here is a quick exert. You can read the whole interview on Genuine Joy

Regan was the instructor for my very first barre3 class and is one half of the dynamic duo behind the blog Cardigans & Couture. I knew her twin sister, Katie, but it was the first time I had met Regan and I not only enjoyed the class, but welcomed her energy and passion she had towards teaching. As a swimmer, I'm not used to the fitness class setting, and I've taken a class or two where the teacher is a little too overzealous, so I'm often leery of group fitness. But Regan had the perfect balance between enthusiasm and motivation and I was hooked.  She and Katie are the reasons I went back for a second (and third) class and continue to take barre3 classes today.


And my favorite question from the interview:
What brings you Genuine Joy?
There are a lot of things in my life that bring me genuine joy. I feel lucky to have an incredible husband and daughter to share my life’s adventures with. My greatest moments of joy come when I am in the outdoors with my family- hiking, XC skiing, fly fishing or any of the other activities we enjoy doing together. Exercise is my medicine, my psychiatrist, and my meditation. I often joke that my religion is “seventh day recreationist”. My church is the mountains, the ocean and the lakes. Therein lies my Genuine Joy.
Thanks Hilary for featuring me on your blog. I can't wait to get back to DC so we can all go to barre3 together again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment