August 18, 2014

C & C on the Move in Nashville

A hot second after I returned home from my girls' weekend in New York I got on a plane down south to "Music City" to speak at a conference. I'd never been to Nashville before and while it was a quick overnight, I tried to make the most of my time. 


One of my oldest childhood friends (our dads grew up together in California) lives there with her family and it was so fun to see them. She and the kiddos made sure I was well fed with a stop first at Martin's BBQ. At Chloe's encouraging I had the "Notorious Red-Neck Taco," pulled pork BBQ on top of a cornbread hoe-cake (don't worry, I didn't know what one was either) with slaw and sauce. Everything about it was delicious. Then we stopped for ice cream at Jeni's - which started in Ohio in 2002 and has expanded around the country. Askinosie Dark Milk Chocolate and The Buckeye State, and a Lipitor (kidding), were the perfect end to the night. Ironically across the street from Jeni's was Leona, a darling clothing line owned by Lauren Leonard, a childhood friend of one of my colleagues. 


I was up and at em early the next day for a 6:00 class at barre3 Nashville. The barre3 community is so amazing and I was excited to meet studio owner Holly, who Regan knows from her time in Portland. It was just the wake up I needed to present later that morning. 


And while I didn't get to hear any music this trip, I did sneak in a quick visit to the Country Music Hall of Fame before I headed to the airport. From Don Williams' (a personal fav) hat and jacket to Elvis Presley's gold piano and car, it's a hot spot of country music memorabilia. 



I love me some country music and can't wait for my next visit. I think another girls' weekend might be in order.


No comments:

Post a Comment