June 30, 2014

Keeping it Real: Hydrate 28

I'm now 1/2 way through my 28 day hydration challenge. I know many of you have joined Katie and I in our efforts to drink more water. I hope it's going well for you, and that you are reaching your daily 3 liter/100 ounce water goal!

I've met or exceeded the goal every day, so I have no doubt that I will hit my hydration goal for the remaining 14 days.

That said, I don't look ten years younger yet, and it hasn't changed my physical appearance....

So what changes have I noticed in my body since drinking 3 liters of water per day for 14 days?

1. I have to go to the bathroom A LOT! I mean, a ridiculous amount of times.

2. I don't have much "time" to drink anything but water. Sometimes it feels like a job!

3. My skin feels better. I can't really say if I've noticed a change in its appearance, but it feels like something is changing.

4. Drinking more water allows me to drink more wine. I am very sensitive to alcohol. One glass can give me a headache and a hangover. BUT, I feel the effect far less when I am well hydrated. BONUS! More water = more wine!

5. Did I mention how much I'm peeing? I thought my bladder might build up a tolerance, but it hasn't.

For those of you participating in the challenge, what changes have you noticed in your body? How about changes in your daily routine? We would love to hear from you!

Speaking of water, I have my eye on these drinking glasses from School House Electric (one of my FAVORITE stores here in Portland). They are definitely on my birthday wish list.



Nothing like a great water vessel to promote hydration! I also love this half full/half empty glass!


My glass is 100% half full because Katie and I are spending the week in Sun Valley with our family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment