May 9, 2014

C&C in the Kitchen

This week marked the beginning of the barre3 Spring Challenge, a month long commitment to barre3, exercise and to clean eating.  During this month long "detox" of sorts, I still need to satisfy my sweet tooth, so I thought I would share two recipes that I will be using during the month to curb my sugar cravings. 

These chocolate almond butter cups are to die for good. This month, I will most likely use cacao nibs in place of chocolate chips, but next month, it's back to chocolate. I use mini muffins cups for mine, which makes them much more of a "snack size" than a big dessert.


Granola and yogurt makes a great breakfast and a great snack to curb my sweet cravings. I use the barre3 DIY Granola recipe as my starting point, and add a few of my own favorite things. My granola always includes chia seeds, flax seed, almonds, walnuts and coconut....sometimes raisins and dates. My secret to incredible granola is cardamom. It gives it such yummy flavor and reminds me of my favorite pastry, the ocean roll, from Back Porch Bakery in Bend, OR.


And for a quick and easy treat that requires no cooking, I recently became addicted to these little mounds of goodness, Chocolate Snackaroons. They come in a number of flavors, but I haven't tried any of the other ones yet....yet being the key word! 


I actually want to try and make my own version of these. I have all the ingredients, and I would imagine they can't be too difficult. I will be sure to post the recipe when I come up with one! 

What are your favorite healthy treats? 

No comments:

Post a Comment