April 7, 2014

30 for 30 Update

I'm a week into 30 for 30, and it's going awesome. No really. I'm motivated (the improved weather is probably helping), improved fitness seems in realistic reach, and I'm starting to feel my muscles again. One of the great things about exercise is that if you do it regularly and challenge yourself, you will improve. Who doesn't love results?!

Last week my workouts ranged from strength training and pilates mat class to a walk during lunch when that was the only time I had that day. My favorite activity, however, was Yoga on the mall as part of the Cherry Blossom Festival.


Hilary and I grabbed some coffee then headed over to the base of the Washington Monument with several thousand of our nearest and dearest to get our om on.



The weather was chilly, but with our bodies warmed up from working hard, it was perfect. There was something so incredibly invigorating about being outside practicing with the warmth of the sun on my face. Hilary has been practicing yoga for a long time, so it was fun to watch her do her thing.


For me, it was a nice reminder to switch things up in my workouts and with this challenge, the sky's the limit. You never know what you and your body can do if you don't try. 


For you Washingtonians that missed out on this awesome event, there will be another one on Saturday, May 3 as part of DC Yoga Week

No comments:

Post a Comment