March 12, 2014

What I Wore: Stripes + Stripes

You all know I love stripes. And you may remember a few summers ago I posted about mixing stripes - yes, you can do it, and yes, it does work - with the right pairing. Last week I was feeling wholly uninspired by my wardrobe. But then I had this epiphany. 


Black and white stripes one way, paired with black and white stripes another. I felt a little like one of those baby mobiles but overall it worked. Both pieces are several years old - the sweater from J. Crew and the skirt from T.J. Maxx.   


I'll definitely break this out again sans tights when the weather warms up.

P.S. I was watching Millionaire Matchmaker the other night (any fellow fans out there?) and they gave some tips on taking a selfie of your outfit. It worked pretty well for me. And it makes you look nice and thin. The trick, hold your arm out uncomfortably far at an angle above you. 


2 comments: