August 9, 2012

What I Wore to Work - Mixing Stripes

A new J. Crew opened in downtown D.C. just a few blocks from my office on F Street last week and of course I had to do a drop by (and you should too if you live in the area). 

Since we just got a new house and have got a wedding and a honeymoon coming up, I really shouldn't be shopping, but I couldn't resist the No. 2 pencil skirt in deck stripe. We all know I'm a sucker for stripes. As soon as I tried it on I'd had my first outfit picked out. Horizontal stripes and vertical stripes do work. 


Here are a few other ways to mix stripes.

via Atlantic Pacific
via Wendy's Lookbook
via A Lacey Perspective
Are you a fan of stripes + stripes? 

2 comments:

  1. Hehehe, I went to visit J.Crew (aka my Mothership) this weekend! Love the space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do like this look. That picture from A Lacey Perspective is one of my favorite looks she has ever posted. It's just fun!

    ReplyDelete