January 1, 2014

Keeping it Real

It's a new year….for some people that means New Year's resolutions. For me it means assessing my habits and trying to make changes that will last beyond a year.

In the last few years my self reflection has not just been about personal improvement but more importantly about being a role model for the Mini Fashionista. I see habits that I have and things that I do on a daily basis that I DO NOT want the Mini Fashionista doing….namely my addiction to my phone and my computer.

So, in the new year my goal is simple….be more focused on making personal connections as opposed to digital ones, engage more when in the presence of my family and friends and spend more time making memories than capturing them. It will be no easy feat, but even if I can make small improvements, that will be an accomplishment.

All that said…this ad from Apple, which I am sure you have all seen, shows that some good can come from our addictions to technology. Yes apple, you figured out how to tug on my heart strings and bring a tear to my eye and make me feel like it's okay to constantly be taking photos and videos. No big surprise.

1 comment: