July 3, 2013

These Are The Moments

I've posted a number of times about the challenges of being a parent to a toddler, and by no means do I want people to think I'm complaining. My goal is simply to let other moms know they are not alone in their struggles and to "Keep it Real."

During my 40+ miles of walking in San Francisco, I saw hundreds of mothers with their children. These moms were just like me: wearing their workout clothes and taking their kids on walks, to the park, to a coffee shop, etc. Despite the freedom I felt during those five days without the Mini Fashionista, it really made me appreciate my life. My time away gave me a bit of perspective...

The saying "you don't know what you've got till it's gone" is a good way to sum things up. You see, I don't know anything other than being a "stay-at-home" mom. Which, by the way, I've decided to call myself an "On-the-Go" mom instead. It's a much better description of how I spend my days. Back to my point... because this is the only type of parenting I know, it's easy to take it for granted. Had I started out as a full-time working mother, and then left the working world, I think I would have more appreciation for my chance to be at home with the Mini.

Despite being a constant challenge, it is a also a complete joy to learn and grow with her. I have no doubt that these are the moments I will remember all my life, not the ones I spent at work.

So instead of showing you a smoothie splattered all over my kitchen, today's post includes a few of my favorite moments from recent adventures with The Mini. Being an "On-the-go" mom is the hardest job I've ever had, but it's also by far the most fun and the most rewarding!

A walk on the Water front

Playing in the fountain at Jamison Square

Eating strawberries from our garden

Coloring with dot paint

Picking strawberries on Sauvie Island

Riding in a fire engine...I bet you didn't know that Fire Engines carry water and Fire Trucks carry ladders!

2 comments: