July 8, 2013

C & C on the Move

State Capitol Building


On Saturday Dr. B and I took a field trip 2 hours south to the capital of the great state of Virginia - Richmond. 


It was the perfect opportunity to get out of town and explore our own back yard. We had an incredible lunch at Can Can Brasserie in the heart of Carytown. I had a delicious chilled tomato and melon soup and nicoise salad. Dr. B had Italian sausage crepes. 


We also found the CUTEST home store, Ruth & Ollie. I wish I'd taken more photos. It's a good thing I don't live in Richmond or I'd be a frequent customer. 


And a true field trip isn't complete without some culture. If you live in the D.C. area and haven't been to the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, it's well worth the trip - especially if it's paired with eating and shopping. There was a really cool exhibit on pop culture art, in addition to the permanent collection. 
















Check back later this week for the main reason we headed down south. It involves shopping, of course, and I guarantee you want to know more!

No comments:

Post a Comment