July 10, 2013

C & C Around the House

On Monday I told you about our field trip to Richmond. In full disclosure, it was driven by a trip to Shades of Light. I'm not sure how I came across their online store (they've got a catalog too), but once I found it, it was lamp heaven! Did I mention they have rugs too? 


We've been working on decorating our living room and there was one lamp that I wanted to see in person before purchasing. So we loaded up the car Saturday morning (Dr. B is such a trooper) and headed south. And this is what we found when we got there! Lamps, lamp shades, rugs, and more! I wanted to buy a new lamp for every room in our house. 


The mother of pearl table lamp that prompted the trip is now happily in our living room, along with a crown wine coaster that we picked up at Ruth & Ollie. It was just what I was looking for! 


And our two family room lamps from Home Goods got an update with these burlap shades. So much better than the brown faux suede shades they came with. 


And last, but not least, a little something to stand on to make us feel that much better about doing dishes. It's the little things, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment