Last week I taught 7 classes, took one class in the studio, and did 4 barre3 online workouts (two 10 minute workouts and two 30 minute workouts). I also walked my dog for at least half an hour six of the seven days. By the end of the day on Saturday (I taught two classes in the morning), I was tired and aching and looking forward to sunday, my "rest" day!
Here are some other high and low points of the week!
- My +1 went out of town on Thursday for 48+ hours, so I wasn't sure how I would make it through without a glass of wine at the end of the day. I was also highly tempted to put some wine in a water bottle and take it with me to the movie on Friday night. Talk about an act of self restraint. I made it through the entire movie without wine, candy or popcorn! Instead I took three of the barre3 "donut holes" and was actually quite satisfied!
P.S. Les Miserables is AMAZING! In my next life I'm coming back as a Broadway star or Stacy London. Either will do.
Now back to "28 to Great"!
- I have been eating way too many of those aforementioned barre3 bars... three pans this last week, if I'm being honest....and with very little help from anyone else. Lesson for week 2, moderation. But honestly, those are the only thing that satisfy my cravings! If I gain weight after these 28 days it will be because I ate my weight in barre3 bars.
- Despite sticking to many of "the rules", I have broken a few too (GASP!). I will confess to using sweetened coconut instead of unsweetened, chocolate chips in my barre3 bars (only twice), generic cocoa powder and salad dressing out of a bottle. I live for the Trader Joe's low fat cilantro dressing, and so does the Mini Fashionista, and the Brianna's Blush Wine Vinaigrette is my go-to for salads when I don't have time to make my own dressing. Oh, and I ate white rice instead of brown. I might die a slow processed death...but it's what I had in the cupboard.
- More on "cheating", I have definitely taken a few bites of the Mini's food...a little pumpkin flax granola here and there and a few banana chips swiped from her little snack bag. Sunday I had a piece of Rittersport chocolate and a decaf nonfat latte. Sure, it's not a part of the "plan" but let's be real...I don't need to loose weight, I lead a healthy life and I'm human! At least I didn't cave in to the wine!
And now on to a few positive notes....
- I am eating way more vegetables than I normally do! Hurray for green leafys!
- I am doing my best to drink lots and lots of water.
- I have been setting my alarm for 6:00 to walk my dog before the Mini Fashionista wakes up.
- I really enjoy checking in with Katie at the end of each day to see what she ate, how she is feeling, etc. It adds a new level of interest to our converations (not that she is uninteresting).
And most importantly, I feel so incredibly energized by this wonderful community of women (and men...we know they are out there) participating in the challenge.
Here are a few photos of all the healthy (and photogenic) food I have been eating!
1) Carrot, sweet potato and leek soup with salad 2) Those dangerous beasts the barre3 bar. They taste like healthy magic cookies 3) Green smoothie with kale, carrot juice, pear, banana, blueberries, chia and flax seeds 4) Sweet potato and carrot red lentil curry.
If you want to see more of the recipes, check out the barre3 blog. These are all modified versions of what is posted.