March 21, 2012

Put a Sock in It

I've known for a while about the ever popular "sock bun", but after a few failed attempts I had all but given up. Today I went for a haircut and left with a fabulous sock bun (and only one socked foot).


Here is the final result! Yes, there is a black trouser sock in my bun. I shamefully admit that the sock came right from my foot. I know, it's kind of gross, but desperate times call for desperate measures. I am still working on mastering the technique on my own, but it is definitely a style I plan to incorporate into my daily life, and the hairstyle I plan on having for Katie's August wedding.

Here is a link to a sock bun tutorial and another. There are plenty of video tutorials on youtube as well!

3 comments:

  1. Check out a hair rat. Instead of being connected together in a circle (like the sock is) ... you can get this contraption that can be snapped together after you've rolled up your hair. Easier to get tight ... not that I've actually sprung for one, but now I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the shout out on your blog! IF you are looking for the perfect outfit to go with the sock bun check out this post http://ciao-beautiful.com/2012/03/21/one-shirt-multiple-looks/

    Love your blog and thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, I will check out the hair rat...maybe it will be the subject our next vlog! :)

    Caitlin, great suggestions on what to wear with the sock bun!

    ReplyDelete