January 11, 2012

What I Wore to Work Wednesday - Chambray Chic

Mixing casual pieces into your wardrobe is possible, it's all about how you do it. I'm a huge fan of chambray, but at the end of the day, it's denim. If you work in a conservative work environment like I do, denim is only reserved for those very rare occasions where you donate money for Lee National Denim Day. 

Lands End Canvas womens' wool hunting jacket, Old Navy chambray shirt, Cynthia Steffe Trousers, Cole Haan suede pink loafers, Ann Taylor Loft belt, Hermes bangle

Earlier this year I ordered this Old Navy chambray shirt, and I've gotten a good amount of use out of it (when I'm up for the ironing). But last week I wanted to wear it to work. Enter the outfit challenge! Paired with my new Lands End Canvas wool hunting jacket (that I got on super sale right before Christmas - during my one for you, two for me phase) and some more traditional suit pants, it came together in a pretty polished way. Here's how you can create the outfit from what's currently out there on the shopping channels of the world wide web!

Chambray Chic




Old navy
$30 - oldnavy.gap.com


Banana Republic long length pants
$98 - bananarepublic.gap.com


Asos shoes
$173 - asos.com




Dorothy Perkins belt
$9 - dorothyperkins.com


Don't forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for additional updates!


3 comments:

  1. I so look forward to your Wednesday posts!! I love this outfit. I think I'm going to buy that pink belt - it's so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant get enough of my chambray shirt either! it goes with everything! great look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments! Isn't chambray so fun!

    ReplyDelete