January 10, 2012

Barre3 DC



Sound the horns! Alert your Facebook friends! Get thee to the Twitters! Barre3 Georgetown is open! If you follow C & C, you know that Regan is a Barre3 instructor in Portland, where all the magic started! And you probably know that she stayed in rock-star shape during her pregnancy in large part to this amazing workout. Founder Sadie Lincoln created a combination of ballet barre work, yoga, and pilates, designed to shape and lift the entire body, that has even kicked Madonna's tush into shape! 

Photo from Barre3.com
Photo from Barre3.com

So you can only imagine how excited I was when I learned that a studio was opening here in D.C.! And let me tell you, it's gorgeous! Centrally located on the Georgetown Waterfront on K Street (on the corner of K and Wisconsin next to Chadwick's), the historic building is the perfect place to get your sweat on! The studio opened on Wednesday and I've already been to 3 classes. Today is the last day of free classes, but you can check out class options on their website. I'd recommend getting the introductory special of 3 classes for $45. It's a great way to get a feel for the workout...and trust me, you'll feel it. 

Since all of our readers aren't in Portland and D.C., check out studio locations around the country. And get to the barre! We all know that fit is fashionable! 

Don't forget to follow C & C on Facebook and Twitter

3 comments:

  1. I wasn't sure if I would check this out or not, but now I feel like I need to! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took my first class yesterday. It's great. The location and studio are so beautiful...so much better than working out in an ugly strip-mall. And, they have childcare! Looking forward to going back tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, you definitely need to try it! Let me know if you want to go some time and I'll go with you. I have a monthly membership!

    Evie, let's find a time to go together!!!

    ReplyDelete