December 13, 2011

Virginia is for Lovers

Last weekend, we ventured 2 1/2 hours south to Keswick Hall for our friends' wedding. It was the perfect weekend to cozy up and enjoy the crisp December weather. It was so nice to have a quick weekend away before all the holiday craziness sets in. 

Keswick was beautifully decorated for the holidays, and coupled with the fact that I'm now pretty much listening to Christmas Carols non-stop, I'm finally feeling like Santa is on his way (Dr. B....remember that Pendleton Cape I was telling you about...now would be the time to read the blog. P.S. Check back on Friday for my "wish list").

The wedding was so much fun, from the rehearsal dinner Friday night at the Hunt Club (where I ate my weight in ribs), to the dinner and dancing on Saturday, the beautiful bride planned a flawless fete--of course I expected nothing less. I was especially excited because I finally got to break out my Hunter Dixon Ossie dress (and always fun to see Dr. B in a tux). But it was nothing compared to the STUNNING bride in Vera Wang. LOVE! And if you could only see her Louboutins.


And I'd be lying if I told you I didn't make several stops at the dessert table which had an incredible assortment of treats, including personalized truffles and french macaroons.


Congrats M & B! I hope you are having an AMAZING time in Paris and the French Alps! XOXO Katie





3 comments:

  1. Ooh - this looks like a fab wedding and a great weekend away. I LOVE the dress you wore. It's amazing!! And that scarf in the first photo is such a fun pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the wedding dress - so gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was such a great wedding and Keswick is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete