October 27, 2011

Easy, Breezy, Beautiful, Drug Store Girl

Katie here. Before I make my confession I thought I'd go for full disclosure. I buy the majority of my beauty products at CVS (gasp!). With the exception of a few items which I'm very particular about (my under eye concealer, a few brand name lip glosses, mascara (Blinc is the best!), and shampoo and conditioner, I'm a drug store girl. And you'll never believe this, I get complimented on my makeup, and people don't ask me where it came from (that never happens with clothes...it's always followed by "Where did you get it?" or "Who is it by?")). I don't have anything against the plethora of amazing products out there, I just don't make it to the beauty counters that often and would rather spend my precious $ on clothes. Since fashion and beauty products are kind of like peas and carrots, I thought I could shift from our day-to-day musings to bring you some of my beauty must-haves.

Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer - Chapstick and color all in one. (Done and Done!)
Cover Girl Eye Enhancers 4-Kit Shadow in "Country Woods" It's one stop shopping with this little compact.
Neutrogena Skin Clearing Oil-Free Makeup - Jennifer Garner wasn't kidding when she said this would help make your clean and clear! Love this product! 
Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips - Waikiki Strip/Peach Glow Bronzer - We all need a little shimmer in our lives.
Cetaphil. Best face wash ever. My dermatologist recommended it years ago, and I still use it to this day. Their lotion is also great for your face and your body.
Sally Hansen Wax Strips - Who wants to go get waxed all the time? Expensive and time consuming. I like to do my own brows - with a little help from my trusty friend the tweezers. These strips come in different sizes for all your needs. I use my hair dryer to warm them up vs. rubbing them between my hands. Easy, Breezy, beautiful, and hairless! 

Now, if you are on the lookout for an awesome beauty blog, check out my friend Lara's, The Glossarie.    She is the real deal. She was nominated by Lucky Magazine for the "Best Beauty Voice" blog. Kind of amazing, right. And she will regularly give you amazing insight into the world of beauty. XOXO Katie

1 comment:

  1. totally touched by this shout out! and totally loving these drugstore picks :) thanks, katie! xo

    ReplyDelete