September 26, 2011

Rent the Runway

Last weekend I traveled west to Santa Barbara, CA for a wedding of one of my nearest and dearest from college. Uninspired by my closet, I decided I'd finally bite the bullet and try out Rent the Runway. We've written about it before, but in case you need a refresher, RTR was started by Harvard business school gals, Jenn and Jenny, after realizing that women everywhere want designer fashion at their fingertips for a fraction of the cost. Hello, no brainer!

Dresses range from $40 - $350. When you rent one, you get a second rental for $25 (select dresses, but I was very happy with my choices). What a deal! You can search by occasion, color, length, cost, body type, style, and neckline. Each dress includes reviews from women that have already rented the dress (including their height and body type), which are super helpful in deciding if it's a good fit for you and sizing. To make things easier, they send you the dress in two sizes--and if it doesn't fit on arrival and you don't wear either size, they don't charge you. 

Here are the dresses I wore to the rehearsal dinner and the wedding. Overall I'd consider it a success. I'll definitely be heading back to Rent the Runway for future events. 

Halston Heritage Metallic Accordion Dress

Thread Social Poppy Sweetheart Dress

3 comments:

  1. LOVE that Thread dress- I'll definitely have to check out RTR soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hearing such great things about Rent the Runway-- definitely trying it next time I have a worthwhile event to attend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been so curious about Rent the Runway and have yet to rent anything. Thanks for your review. LOVE both looks on you!

    ReplyDelete